I can relate to this definition of beauty:
Beauty is what makes me forget everything else and just want to live in the now.
Where beauty is, my mind does not wander. It is self-sufficient. It is all I wish for. But, not unlike Joel Dueck, I can hardly enjoy it whenever it presents itself to me.
Desire is a feeling I artificially create. It is a self-inflicted point of focus by which I become haunted. There is no reason I can come up with which explains this particular process. But I know it to regularly happen.
When it does, the object of my attraction is usually the type of girl where commitment prevails. And as I haven’t acquired the ability of perceiving beauty as a separate unprejudiced feature, my encounters always feel to have happened too soon.
For now, I am convinced that women live in love and men in solitude.
- Passion & Reclusion The deceptive feelings that close relations induce.
- Dreading the sick silence Where opportunities meet the grave.
- Half-mast Don't mourn the enduring; embrace it.
- The Silent Promise How a girl's tone and speech can break your heart.
- The perfume in the air Retaining a girl reaching out requires the desire to.