The dawn of a new year is a period always filled with hope. Goals are being established, plans set up, changes envisioned. There is nothing wrong with reshaping your own expectations because there is nothing you’re forever entitled to.
But you don’t have to wait for a milestone like a fresh year to engage small alterations and resolve to operate improvements.
If personality is an unbroken series of successful gestures, then there was something gorgeous about him, some heightened sensitivity to the promises of life, as if he were related to one of those intricate machines that register earthquakes ten thousand miles away.
As long as your inevitable fear never outweighs your hope, you’ll eventually have something great to hold on to.
- The Final Cut What seems common sense to me is actually a well-preserved privilege in the movie industry.
- Chasms to overcome Navigating through the gathering darkness
- A single green light The extraordinary gift for hope
- Bruised pride Early praise ; late despondency.
- Lady Mondegreen The beam of a qualified approval